At Swanwick Pre-school, your child will be:
- In a safe and stimulating environment
- Given generous care and attention because of our high ratio of adults to children
- Given the chance to join with other children and adults to play, work and learn together
- Helped to take forward his/her learning and development by being helped to build on what she/he already knows and can do
- Given a personal key person who will monitor your childs progress
- In a pre-school which sees the parents as partners in helping their child to learn and develop
The curriculum provided by Swanwick Pre-School
Children start to learn about the world around them from the moment they are born. The care and education offered by Swanwick Pre-school helps children to continue to do this by providing all of the children with interesting activities that are right for their age and stage of development.
Swanwick Pre-school provides a curriculum which is part of the statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
There are seven areas covered by the early learning goals and educational programmes:
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design